Process and Technique
- An Introduction – David Lanoue’s overview of writing haiku.
- One Exercise – Tim Russell. A straightforward exercise to help a writer develop observational awareness and writing muscles necessary for the form.
- Some of the Speculations of Robert Spiess. Short, insightful wisdom from a year’s worth of thinking about writing haiku. Dewdrops on the sunlit spiderweb.
- Haiku Techniques – Jane Reichhold. Distilling some of the swill surrounding how to build a good haiku through the explanation of specific techniques and examples.
Poets and Poems
Internet Mailing Lists, Groups – where to practice with the worldwide haiku community
Websites To Explore
- Jane Reichhold’s Aha Poetry
- Haikuworld (Gary Warner)
- Curtis Dunlap’s Tobacco Road. See ‘Haiku – Three Questions’ feature.
- Gabi Greve’s Worldwide Kigo Database
- Temps Libres – Serge Tome
- American Haiku Archives